What is a Turnitin Self-Checker? It is a tool for students and teachers in schools, colleges or universities to check the plagiarism percentage. Let us know more about the Turnitin Self-Checker.
What is a Turnitin Self-Checker?
The Turnitin Self-Checker is used to check plagiarism in drafts, papers, or assignments. It is a tool for students and teachers in school, colleges or universities to check plag percentage. you must purchase students, staff, and faculty to access the Turnitin Self-Checker.
Uses of the Turnitin Autocontroller:
- To receive an immediate response on the textual draft of the article or assignment against billions of web pages, student works, journals and books are used to detect the pest using the auto -Turnitin checker.
- The student can self-check the grades, draft or paper before submission for any plagiarism. and the likelihood of reducing grades is lower when plagiarism is already checked.
- It is useful for the teacher in case of checking student’s work, draft or homework for plagiarism. The teacher can easily check whether it is copied or not. and what guides them on what the student should avoid writing.
- During the plagiarism check, the similarity of the content written by the student is checked, a basic grammatical error is checked, which can also be corrected using the Turnitin self-checker.
Key Features of the Turnitin Autochecker:
The main features of Turnitin are:
Turnitin verifies student work for originality, whether or not it is copied from a different source. if the content is similar to any other database or browser, it will show plagiarism.
Gradescope helps the user reduce the burden of classification. It also provides students with appropriate feedback on areas where the student needs to improve. The feedback given is timely because the student is more engaged in their work.
Ithenticate guarantees that the data recorded is unlimited and not copied from the same browser or the same database as others. It can be used for an academic organization, by publishers, higher education students and professors.
By the originality report, the part of the data coming from another browser will be marked in red. And in the top right corner, the similarity percentage will be displayed of how much of your provided data is original or copied.
Using this feature, the student can improve their writing as Turnitin has the stave feature that provides instant feedback and the area for improvement is mentioned. the data a similar percentage of the value.
Steps to Create a Turnitin Self-Check Account:
If you need access to Turnitin’s Self-Checker, you will need to create an account on it. If you are not logged in, here are the steps to use it:
- First, visit the official website turnintin.com and create an account.
- Select Create a student account if you are a student and select Create a teacher account if you are a teacher and click on the next step.
- Fill in all the details like enter your name, email address and new password, confirm password and click to create an account.
- After clicking to create an account, a message will be received at your mentioned email address, please follow the instructions mentioned in the email to activate your account.
- After these steps your account will be created successfully, after verifying go to Turnitin and login there. Enter the email and password you defined when creating your account.
How do I check for plagiarism on the Turnitin self-checker?
- Step 1: Visit the official Turnitin self-verification website i.e. turnitin.com
- Step 2: Log in to your account which will give you access to the Turnitin Self-Checker.
- Step 3: Choose the Turnitin self-verification option.
- Step 4: Click choose file option on the screen.
- Step 5: Select the file you want to check for plagiarism.
- Step 6: Finally, click on the similarity check option and there you will see the plagiarism result.
If there is a percentage of plagiarism in the notes, draft or paper, you can correct it by reducing similar words that mention the area where the plagiarism is. This is an important step because it gives you an idea of what to write and what not to write. For more education-related articles, you can also refer to Why Is Plagiarism Bad? – Why is plagiarism bad?
How do I use the Turnitin Self-Checker for free?
After visiting Turnitin’s self-verification website, you’ll have the option to sign up for a 60-day free trial. By clicking the Start Free Trial button, you can check for plagiarism.
Can Turnitin make mistakes?
When the student checks the Turnitin self-checker for plagiarism and gets a positive match, even though the student did not copy it. And here the student is confused whether he can make a mistake or not. The answer is NO, Turnitin cannot be wrong because it has detected the plag percentage on Turnitin because it checks for similarity by matching text that already exists in the database or browser.
Turnitin versus Grammar:
When we talk about Grammarly it is used to check for grammar and spelling errors or we can say that Grammarly is a writing aid tool while Turnitin mainly focuses on plag detection. But in the case of Turnitin, the grammatical error can be checked and corrected, but not as good as Grammarly.
The Turnitin Self-Checker can be easily used online by students, academic organizations, publishers, and more. to check for plagiarism. Plagiarism is not a crime, but for students especially, the content of the notes, paper or draft should not be the same as others to maintain the integrity of the exam. And it will help the student to improve their writing skills and understand the course more deeply.